Friday, December 31, 2021

Pacifica Runners New Years Eve 5K -- 19:06

I had fun running the Pacifica Runners New Years Eve 5 km (3.1 mile) race this morning. The cold clear air was great for racing. This out-and-back course has a pretty good hill in the middle (see the above photo) so I'm happy with my 19:06 time (6:10 per mile), which happened to be good enough for first place male. I led the race from beginning to end, gradually pulling away from the first place woman. I may be old, but I'm not always slow!

It was good seeing so many friends.

Me, Angelo, and Lauren (3rd place female)

The women's race was especially competitive. If I hadn't showed up, the top 3 overall finishers would have been female! I knew the first place woman, Thia Angelo from Excelsior Running Club, and she was quite a bit faster than me (2:56 something versus my 3:04:22) at California International Marathon a month ago. 2nd place female is my friend Ana's 14 year old daughter, Lara! Amazing! And 3rd place female was my regular running buddy and fellow Coastside Running Club and Pacifica Runners member, Lauren.
Me, Ana (4th female), Lara (2nd female)

I also got a $40 gift certificate to A Runner's Mind and a $25 gift certificate to Rosalind Bakery and a "Theragun Wave Solo" (massager?). Thank you, Pacifica Runners!

Happy New Year!


Results.

No comments: